However, there is already a temporary solution to this problem. The background, as it appears, is a policy that has become outdated after the update. If you delete them, the browser will start normally again.
How to do this relatively easily, we have as Workaround from Deskmodder adopted and added at the end of this post. However, if you don’t dare to delete it, you should wait for a solution from Microsoft.
Update Content: Security vulnerabilities and improvements
The update to version 105 otherwise brings a number of important bug fixes and security improvements. The updates for Chrome and Edge are already available in the WinFuture download area. We have the release notes translated for you and added at the end of the post. The Edge update addresses a number of vulnerabilities that existed in the Chromium underpinning of the browser.
So far, Microsoft has only found a few details about the Edge vulnerability. It says: “Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 105.0.1343.25). For more information, see the security update guide. This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific update: CVE-2022-38012”. In which cited security update guide you can currently only find the list of CVE entries for the fixed vulnerability. At Microsoft you can see this overview and the CVE articles in the Edge update history follow up.
Details have not yet been published because the focus is initially on securing the vulnerabilities.
Temporary solution – solution
- Start Registry Editor
- Check for registry entries with MetricsReportingEnabled
- Delete all relevant entries from the registry
Release Notes Feature Updates
- Enhanced security mode improvements. Enhanced security mode now supports WebAssembly for x64 Windows. More cross-platform support is expected in the future.
- Improvement of Cloud Site List Management experience for IE mode.
- You can restore one of the last 3 published versions of your site list in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- You can identify gaps in your corporate site list by configuring site feedback reporting with the InternetExplorerIntegrationCloudUserSitesReporting and InternetExplorerIntegrationCloudNeutralSitesReporting policies. You can view user local site list URLs and potentially misconfigured neutral site URLs in the Microsoft Edge site list experience in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- You can configure session cookie sharing between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer for IE mode in your sites list in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Improvements to the Cloud Site List Management experience for IE mode are now available in GCC. GCC customers can now leverage the full Microsoft Edge site list experience in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Download Microsoft Edge – Chromium-based browser
Download Google Chrome – Fast and Secure Browser
microsoft, browser, logo, edge, microsoft edge, spartan browser, project spartan, spartan, microsoft spartan, edge chromium, microsoft browser, edge browser, project spartan, microsoft edge insider, chromium edge, edge browser, edge extension, edge on Chromium base, Edge logo
This is Auto Posted article collected article from different sources of internet, EOS doesn’t take any responsibilities of this article. If you found something wrong in this article, please tell us.