iCloud Drive not syncing to Windows 7, 8, or 10 can be a major problem. These are the following solutions :
- Enable iCloud Drive
- Sign in to Cloud again
- View iCloud status
- Force to restart iCloud
- Update the Cloud App
- Check Network
- Update Windows PC
- Check iCloud Storage
- Uninstall and install Cloud
- Switch to A Specific Password for iCloud for Windows
- Use Cloud Drive on the web
- Switch to Microsoft Store Version
Enable iCloud Drive
First, you need to make sure iCloud Drive can work on your PC.
- Step 1 : Open the iCloud app from the Start menu or in the system trays, then click on Open iCloud Settings.
- Step 2 : Make sure iCloud Drive is selected.
Sign in to iCloud Again
There may be a problem with your current account connection which caused Cloud Drive in Windows 10 to not sync. Try disconnecting the account and signing in again.
- Step 1 : Launch Cloud on Windows PC, then click the sign out button in the lower right corner to exit the program.
- Step 2 : Close iCloud, and restart the same. Then enter your Apple ID and password to sign in to the app.
View iCloud Status
Go to the Apple System Status page to see if iCloud Drive have been corrupted in your country or region. You need to check the status near Cloud Drive:
- If it is shown in green, it means no problem.
- If it is shown in red, it means there is a problem.
Force to restart iCloud
Cloud Drive may be affected by a temporary failure, which will cause Cloud Drive to open Windows 10 not syncing. You may want to consider restarting the computer first. If for some reason you cannot restart the computer immediately, you can opt-out and restart iCloud forcibly.
- Step1 : Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Step2 : Find and select all iCloud processes and click Finish task in the lower right corner.
Update iCloud App
Service providers often offer a new version that they will fix based on specific known problems. So you will need to update iCloud from your computer to the latest version immediately.
- Microsoft Store type : Launch the app store, click the menu icon in the top right corner, select Downloads and Updates, if there are any updates available, click the down arrow to download and install.
- Windows iCloud : Type an apple update in the search box of the start menu, press Enter to see if an update is available, and use it when available.
The cloud can only function normally only under good network conditions. If your iCloud backup is not working, please check your network connection to your computer and iPhone.
On Windows PC :
Open Settings, click Network and Internet to view status, if there are network problems, click Network Problem Solver to check and fix them.
For iOS: Open settings and go to Wi-Fi. In the list of Wi-Fi networks, the three-bar Wi-Fi signal indicator indicates that the network signal is good. If the network is incorrect, please switch to good Wi-Fi or mobile network.
Update Windows PC
If your computer is still using the old version of the program, it will also affect the use of the iCloud app. You can update your computer by following the steps below.
- Step 1 : Click Start> Settings> Update & Security. Then click the update check button.
- Step 2 : If an update is available, download it.
Check iCloud Storage
To synchronize Windows 10 with Cloud Drive in general, you need to make sure iCloud has enough free storage space. Open the app to view storage. If there is not enough space, iCloud Drive sync problems will appear. If you encounter iCloud storage, please go to repair it.
Uninstall and install Cloud
If the above method does not work, consider a problem with the iCloud software and try installing it again.
- Step 1 : Click Start> Settings> Applications.
- Step 2 : Select iCloud for Windows from the list of installed applications and click Uninstall.
- Step 3 : After removing the Cloud, install and check that synchronization can continue normally.
NOTE: To use this method, you need to download all the iCloud Drive files and download all the photos and videos to the iCloud photos from scratch. If you do not want to perform this operation, skip to the next fix.
Switch to A Specific Password for iCloud for Windows
Apple recommends using a different password for each service. This not only improves security but also reduces the possibility of system conflicts when using applications running on all applications.
- Step 1 : Access Apple’s website.
- Step 2 : Create a different iCloud password, and use a password to log into your cloud account with iOS and Windows devices.
Use Cloud Drive on the web
If you don’t have time to fix your problem or the above methods can’t solve it, you can consider using Cloud Drive on the web. You can upload and download files, rename files and folders, share with others, and more.
Switch to Microsoft Store version
Microsoft Store type also applies to iCloud for Windows. It has slightly improved performance and better features, such as Files On-Demand and iCloud sharing.