Siamese cats are a wonderful breed to have in your home: they’re great with children, don’t typically scratch people or furniture, aren’t known for chewing electrical cords or other household items, and make a lovely pet to show off to your friends can present and guests. When making the purchasing decision, there are a few questions you need to ask different Siamese cat breeders to ensure you are making a good investment rather than buying problems for yourself.
1. Ask for references. Most people don’t buy an exotic breed of pet without doing some research, and your best research is to ask Siamese cat breeders for references from past and current customers. If the breeder seems put off by your request or takes time to get them together, be careful. Most breeders will be prepared for the request and have a list ready for you and other potential clients.
2. Ask to see the cat’s certificate and/or the parents’ certificate. Most health problems are hereditary and unless Siamese breeders have the documentation to prove the cat’s family history, they could face costly health complications in the future.
3. Ask about guarantees. A quality breeder who cares about their reputation guarantees you that the cat is free of hereditary diseases. Considering you’re paying handsomely for a specific breed of cat rather than picking one up at the shelter, unless you’re getting a significant discount, a guarantee should be a must.
4. Ask what treatments the cat has had. All kittens must be dewormed and have their scheduled vaccinations. Any good breeder of Siamese cats is already ahead of the required vaccination schedules.
5. Ask for recommendations on how to care for your new cat. A knowledgeable breeder can quickly educate you about caring for your cat and will provide a resource for information throughout your cat’s life.
This is Auto Posted article collected article from different sources of internet, EOS doesn’t take any responsibilities of this article. If you found something wrong in this article, please tell us.